|8 oz||Cooked spaghetti (2 – 3 oz dried)|
|2 slices||Thick cut bacon, cut into 1″ pieces|
|2 Tbl||Grated Parmesan|
|1/2 tsp||Chopped parsley|
|Good pinch||Salt and 6-10 grinding of black pepper|
- Fry bacon until crispy while pasta is cooking.
- Drain off all but 1 tsp bacon fat.
- Whisk together eggs, parmesan, cream, parsley, salt & pepper with a fork.
- When pasta is done, drain and transfer to pan with bacon along with a tablespoon of pasta water.
- Shake pan to cool it slightly, then add egg mix and start stirring over med-high heat.
- The eggs will thicken as they heat, so keep stirring or they will curdle.
- Stop when sauce is thick enough for you. Plate and top with more parmesan and more ground black pepper.
- The peppery ‘bite’ makes the dish great!